Tips for a fabulous Canvas Holiday
After having a fantastic holiday at Camping la Croix du Vieux Pont, Berny Rivière, I thought I would share my top ten tips for a fabulous Canvas Holiday experience!!!
- After settling in and unpacking the cases you might be feeling a little tired, so plan to have a BBQ on the first night. The gas BBQs are ready to use as soon as you arrive so pop to the shop, grab some burgers and drinks and spend your first night relaxing in your lodge with a quick and delicious dinner.
- After a great night’s sleep take a trip to the on-site bakery for fresh, home baked croissants and baguettes for breakfast.
- Enjoy a walk to the FamilyExtra tent to register your children and check out the activity timetable, so they can take part in the fun packed schedule.
- The pool area is fun for all levels of swimmers, run around in the splash area, slide down the island in the splash pool, take a swim in the larger indoor pool and if you’re brave enjoy a dip in the unheated outdoor pool.
- Save packing space and choose the linen package to enjoy plenty of towels to use in the lodge or by the pool.
- The kitchens are fully equipped so forget packing pots and pans you won’t need them, just bring some dishwasher tablets for the dishwasher!
- If you want to eat out check if you need to book a table, some restaurants fill up fast!
- Enjoy eating outside on the decking but stay shady with the retractable awning, it winds out and in really easily.
- Don’t worry about the on-site shop being expensive, it is great value for money and I can personally recommend the French branded foods, yum!
- Keep an ear out for the beautiful dawn chorus from the local birds, the site is situated in such a lush, glorious location even the wildlife love it.
Amy is a mum of five children, is studying a degree in journalism and blogs about her experiences on And One More Means Five.